- RSS Channel Showcase 5835760
- RSS Channel Showcase 2047310
- RSS Channel Showcase 5982536
- RSS Channel Showcase 8380958
Articles on this Page
- 06/20/12--13:17: _By: Ashlee Bush
- 06/20/12--14:05: _By: Amanda
- 06/20/12--14:39: _By: Mike Marlow
- 06/20/12--16:28: _By: Mack Collier
- 06/20/12--16:29: _By: Mack Collier
- 06/20/12--16:30: _By: Mack Collier
- 06/20/12--18:05: _By: Anneliz Hannan
- 06/23/12--15:19: _By: Tarun Gehani
- 06/29/12--22:50: _By: Lisa Williams
- 07/19/12--09:40: _By: Socialish
- 06/20/12--13:17: By: Ashlee Bush
- 06/20/12--14:05: By: Amanda
- 06/20/12--14:39: By: Mike Marlow
- 06/20/12--16:28: By: Mack Collier
- 06/20/12--16:29: By: Mack Collier
- 06/20/12--16:30: By: Mack Collier
- 06/20/12--18:05: By: Anneliz Hannan
- 06/23/12--15:19: By: Tarun Gehani
- 06/29/12--22:50: By: Lisa Williams
- 07/19/12--09:40: By: Socialish
As always, another great post. Thanks for keepin' it real. I needed this today!
I wonder how the ladies in the office would feel if I told them we were doing a pic without makeup?
Just kidding! Great post, social media is great for showing that a company is "real".
I have used the "keeping it real" idea in my blog posts in the past. I have let my readers know about things I have attempted that failed. I agree that people are more likely to relate to you if you let them know that you are just a normal person. Thanks for another great post! ^MM
Personally, I look much better without my makeup on :P
Thanks Mike! And showing how your experiments failed and using it as a teaching lesson is VERY valuable to your readers! Plus I think it helps establish your credibility, very under-utilized tactic!
Thank ya darlin'!
You nailed it on this one Mack. I couldn't agree more that fans, customers, clients, whomever want to go behind the curtain to see what is going on inside. What do people do as they stand at the cash register line...peak behind those magazine covers. They 'real'-ly want to know.
Coming from a corporate perspective, this is a terrific opportunity for small and global businesses to showcase their people and respective skills in their home or satellite environments. It is like having a back stage pass for your Rockstar book tour...everyone wants in. It seems so simple yet implemented with rarity. Go figure.
I agree with you and the previous comments: many consumers want (and almost expect) brands, bands and entertainers to give them behind the scenes access through their social media accounts. They look at you as even ground level playing field since they can connect directly to you through these channels. And the proof is in the pudding: some of the most successful online are those who are most open and "human."
This is a good idea, most specially for the customers. It gives them assurance and comfort that they get to see who's behind what and not just machines or cows. I am thinking of coming up with my own strategy, and if it works, will share my thoughts and the process as well. Thanks for sharing your insights and thoughts!
Great tips! Loved them!